zondag 22 maart 2009

People change!


The other day I ran into an ex of mine, she looked stunning and we had a little chat. Apparently she was single again too. I had not spoken to her for two years and we decided to meet up again soon.

So yesterday we went out for drinks and a meal and I had a good time. She told me about how she changed jobs right after we'd split up, and that she became close friends with a female collegue at her new office. This new friend told her about fetish parties she'd like going to and invited my ex along.

Honestly, I never thought she'd be the kind of girl who would be up for those kind of things. She had my attention though, lol! She told me all about these fetish parties and the kinky outfits that she'd been wearing and how she got to meet lots of interesting people.

She told me she was no longer the woman I once knew, and it made me think about what she was like now. We had been in a relationship for about for 7 months or so and in that time I got to know her as an independant, ambitious type of woman. Come to think of it, that might have been just what had put me off her. She had never shown her vulnerable side, she never had that real softness I like in women. But on the other hand it was her female agressiveness I was drown to when first meeting her.

Anyway, she told me she had become very interested in the D/s thing and instantly I thought of her as a mistress in black leather holding a whip. How wrong could I be? She than revealed that this whole experience had brought out her submissiveness. She bent over to me and whispered that she loved being at a mans feet doing what ever he wanted and her only goal would be to please him. I think I nearly choked in whatever I was eating when she said that, but I kept my pokerface. She had me hanging of her lips thats for sure.

Coming to the point I wanted to make, no matter how often you are confronted with people changing, it still surprises me everytime. These kind of things make me wonder, why do people change? Ok, we all know that big events in life, break-ups, death of a beloved and so on, tend to open peoples eyes to the relevance of things and thats exacty when they make changes. Do people stick to their newly invented selves or do they - slowly - go back to who they always were?

I've never really changed a lot, I think. I'd asked people who knew me for a long time, and they said no - and then asked if I was going through an early midlife crisis. Hmmm....ah well, food for thought.

My ex invited me to come along to one of her D/s events...... and part of me wants to go, and not only to get my curiosity satisfied, but who knows what is hidden underneath all these layers of civilisation? A dominant master, a foot lover, a leather boy, a submissive slave or a bit of it all?

1 opmerking:

  1. In my opinion people do not "change" . It is just a matter of inner nature, William ;-).

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen