zondag 5 juli 2009

Beach Apartheid



Now normally I am against discrimination of any kind, but today I think I found a whole new arena of legitimate population control. I was sat at a beach club in Zandvoort with a collegue and we were enjoying our Sunday. Good conversation, lovely weather, fine drinks and an even finer waitress, when all of a sudden an ear splitting banshee's yell completely obliterated the serene atmosphere.

The origin of this earth shattering scream was a small child whose parents had told him he wasn't allowed a second ice-cream. Apparently the child felt that the appropriate response was to ruin everyone else's gezellig time!

This incident made me reveal my plan of Beach Apartheid to my collegue. It's simple yet effective. People who cannot keep their genes in their trousers and feel the overrated urge to reproduce should feel the consequences of this insane act. Therefore, when coming to the beach with their offspring they should be segregated from those who have chosen more wisely in life. This of course should be enforced by law.

My collegue said he couldn't agree more with me and even opted for a "Parenthood test". After all if you need a license to drive a car, why not get people tested on proper parental skills. Now I wasn't sure if he was serious about this, but the idea is certainly worth more research.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten